- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is motivated to build outstanding applications using top-notch technology. You will work in a very relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the development of our E-Commerce Platform and the evolution of our Marketplace;
- Stay up to speed with all backend and web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns;
- Apply your knowledge on performance and security measures;
- Work in an Agile environment, focusing on delivery/commitment and software continuous improvement;
- Work with the following technologies: Apache Cassandra, Neo4j, Redis, MongoDB, Asp.net Core, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Identity Server, OpenID Connect.
Who you are
- An experienced object-oriented languages programmer
- Knowledgeable of unit tests and integration tests
- Knowledgeable of SQL language and experience using relational databases with preference for SQL Server
- Knowledgeable of REST APIs
- Experienced in NoSQL databases and SOA architecture
- A professional with experience working with SCRUM methodologies
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Porto, who is motivated to build outstanding applications using top-notch technology.