- Date Posted
- Oct. 4, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is motivated to build outstanding applications using top-notch technology. You will work in a very relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and continually improve our frameworks, services and Continually improve the development environment and life cycle.
- Work with Principal Engineers by helping define the technical roadmap for their domain, accounting for performance, scalability, resilience and security.
- Help unblock issues affecting the development teams.
- Evolve your technical capabilities to the next level while using state-of-the-art technologies (for example, .NET Core, Mongo, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic, Redis, Docker, and Kubernetes);
- Mentor and help grow other team members.
Who you are
- An expert in object-oriented languages (e.g., C#/.NET or Java);
- Advocate for unit tests and integration tests;
- A person who is passionate about code quality, performance, scalability, and resilience;
- A person that stays on top of the emerging practices of modern software development and enjoys discussing learnings with teammates;
- Experienced with SQL and relational databases; NoSQL database experience is a plus;
- Knowledgeable of REST APIs, ideally with experience in microservices architectures;
- A professional with experience working on collaborative teams with SCRUM methodologies is also a plus;
- Someone who is autonomous and able to make technical decisions to have a positive impact on our platform;
- Someone interested in large-scale systems;
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Rewards & benefits
We are looking for Software Engineer to join our team in Porto, who is motivated to build outstanding applications using top-notch technology.