- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We’re looking for a backend software engineer to be part of Farfetch Plaform Solutions team. The role involves development and follow up of capabilities on the overall service oriented platform. This means being able, in the scope of the team, to process requirements, analyze, implement, deliver and follow up the solution that meets them. This happens in a microservices environment following best practices and technology.
What you’ll do
- Inside your team push for roadmap initiatives, its implementation and delivery;
- Assure domain proper operation, monitoring and observability;
- Own your developments life cycle;
- Stay up to speed with backend and web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns;
- Use state-of-the-art technologies such as .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC Core or Docker in a microservices environment.
Who you are
- A backend developer, with at least 3 years of experience with Microsoft development tools and programming languages;
- Proficient in using ASP .NET, MVC, RESTfull WebAPI and unit testing frameworks;
- User of non relational and relational databases, i.e., Mongo, SQLServer;
- Aware of OAuth concepts and common user of them to authenticate and authorize users and systems;
- Aware of application monitoring tools and logs like newrelic or kibana;
- A general user of CI/CD systems;
- At ease with written and spoken English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on the development of the Backend side and help the Farfetch Platform Solutions (FPS) team to evolve.