- Braga, PT
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Braga office is located in the third-largest city in Portugal. Here we have mostly Technology teams, who can enjoy a fun break on our outdoor terrace by jumping on the trampoline or by challenging a colleague to a go-kart race!
We are looking for a backend backend engineer to join our team, building services that power Farfetch’s Platform. You will work in a very relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, and growing team of 4 to 6 engineers, working towards delivering the best software components for a one of the platform business domains.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain a set of micro-services to be integrated with the relevant internal processes and operational systems
- Help shape the architecture for new systems and existing current ones.
- Work with your team with focus on delivering with quality, taking in consideration scalability, availability, maintainability and resilience
- Learn and help others grow as software engineers
- Work with .Net Core, Kafka, REST APIs and NoSql Databases, such as MongoDB or Cassandra
Who you are
- Experienced in using object-oriented programming languages (.Net or Java);
- Passionate for building software, focusing on quality and using best practices;
- Advocate usage of tests with especial focus on automation;
- Knowledgeable of micro-services architecture and its characteristics;
- Someone who wants to work in a collaborative, agile environment;
- Experienced with SQL and relational databases, NoSQL database experience is a plus
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Braga, who is motivated to build outstanding applications using top-notch technology.