- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
Your mission is to Empower developers and partners to boost SDLC efficiency through standards & guidelines, user engagement, and customized self-service environments. We are looking for a Software Engineer mindset obsessed about automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability.
What you’ll do
- Develop automation and tools with a DevOps mindset on one or more strategic projects in the Tech Initiatives team related with Infrastructure Automation and creating self customized environments.
- Follow good practices about scale, performance, geo-distribution, multi-cloud, code maintenance, documentation. Keep Evolving, Keep Improving.
- Fully own what you build by supporting the colleagues on using and extending the automation and tools so that they can deliver faster, better, harder, and stronger! You did it, you own it!
Who you are
- Graduated in Computer Science or another technical discipline.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Production grade experience in at least one scripting or programming language (Python, Shell Scripting).
- Experienced in object-oriented languages (C# or Java).
- Knowledgeable of Azure technologies, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices, and REST APIs.
- Knowledgeable on CI/CD practices and comfortable with Jenkins technologies.
- Experienced with SQL/NoSql and Messaging Systems.
- Always looking for the reliability, scalability, and performance of your software end to end.
- Solid knowledge in networking, Linux, and Windows systems.
- Learn mindset, being able to research and implement features in unfamiliar technologies in collaboration with experts.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
((Write a short and engaging description of the role for the careers site. This statement has a huge visual impact (see example), so it's important to get this right!))