- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal’s cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer. You will be working in a very relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you’ll do
- Develop software applications for our back office or website infrastructures while also evolving our Universal React/Redux front end;
- Define the future of our e-commerce platform through deeply catered personalization of the customer’s experience;
- Take our build tools to new heights;
- Expand our service-oriented architecture as well as our components library to micromanage experiences;
- Evolve your technical capabilities to the next level while using state-of-the-art technologies such as .Net Core,ASP.NET Core, ReactJS, WebdriverIO, Jest and Docker;
- Engage in our internal open-source model;
- Work in an Agile environment, focusing on delivery/commitment and continuous improvement;
- Help track and improve our applications performance metrics.
Who you are
- Knowledgeable of REST;
- Knowledge in ES6+;
- Aware of browser quirks and compatibility issues;
- Knowledge about React or keen to learn it;
- Focused on fully tested and performant code and with deep knowledge of unit tests and/or integration tests;
- Passionate about clean and well-documented code;
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Focus on the development of our E-Commerce Platform and the evolution of our Marketplace, working with technologies such as Asp.net Core, React, Apache Cassandra, Redis and others.