- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Data Science
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
The ML & Data group’s mission is to empower Fast to easily embed machine learning and data in our strategy, decision making, and product experiences so that we can bring value to our customers. On the platform side, this group is responsible for: scaling our online infrastructure to track, measure, and quantify user touchpoints, building a data platform that supports batch and streaming data processing at scale, enhancing our product experiences with experimentation and machine learning infrastructure. On the product side, it is also this group’s core responsibility to build recommendations, search, and other machine learning powered products that can increase engagements with our customers and supercharge Fast sellers with increased revenue.
Our Data Platform team builds foundational infrastructure to enable product analysts, data scientists, machine learning engineers, and product engineers to embed data and machine learning into their decisions, products, and experiences. Our team moves across our technology stack to ensure that we are able to have end-to-end solutions in how we create, track, ingest, transform, and enrich our data. Additionally, we are also responsible for our core machine learning infrastructure and ensuring models can easily be productionalized.
As a Data Engineer at Fast, you will develop large scale batch and streaming data platforms and build real-time data streaming solutions for Fast that is highly available, durable, and provides end-to-end latency guarantee. The team’s mission is to architect, develop, and deploy world-class big data systems to empower every team at Fast to make data-driven decisions and features.
- Build data infrastructure, services & frameworks that make data more accessible to Fast developers, services & teams
- Design real-time data streaming solution for Fast that is highly available, durable, and provides end-to-end latency guarantee
- Utilize the latest breakthroughs in stream transportation technologies, to extract enormous value out of Fast’s data
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Experience building large scale distributed software systems
- Solid understanding of GO for backend / systems software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Prior working experience with FinTech, Payments and Identity
- Data visualization skills (R, python, Tableau)
- Familiarity with tools for analysis of very large datasets
- Full-stack engineers who can work across the backend and frontend
- Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
- People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
- Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)