- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Data Science
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
The Payment Operations & Risk (POR) team at Fast works daily to build and operate a world-class payment processing platform free of payment failures and fraud, and as reliable as clockwork for both buyers and sellers engaged in e-commerce across the Internet. Our team is searching for an experienced Data Scientist to help us achieve our mission. This will be a key role ensuring that the Payment Operations & Risk team has world-class data reporting, visualization, and modeling.
- Are you passionate about payments, enjoy working with big data, and want to help build a data-centric culture?
- Then this position is for you!
- Make business recommendations and evaluate business performance based on metrics like payment decline rate analysis, 3rd party vendor efficacy, downstream effects of product/feature changes, etc
- Create interactive visualizations and dashboards to support payment operations in lieu of ad hoc analyses
- Build and automate reports to surface top-line metrics to key stakeholders
- Design and maintain data layers to define and structure payments data
- Partner with stakeholders to design full cycle data narratives that include data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables, and presentations
- Create models and experiments to address business needs and identify growth opportunities
- Collaborate with the broader Data Science org as a POR stakeholder and key partner
- 5+ years in data analytics/data science
- Profound experience with SQL and querying databases
- Strong experience working with R and/or Python
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, or other similar field
- Prior experience with experimentation and/or modeling
- Looker experience
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Passion to own data from end to end
- Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
- People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
- Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)