- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Data Science
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We are seeking a bold, enthusiastic Senior Machine Learning Engineer to build out our search and personalization engine. The ideal candidate will leverage their background to build search capabilities across our product offerings and further support building out personalized recommendations to our users.
- Design a search engine that will efficiently index and provide functionality for users to lookup queries across our product catalog, purchases and Fast sellers.
- Utilize historical data to design an efficient algorithm for personalizing recommendations based on prior purchases and product similarities.
- Own the full ML pipeline of analyzing data from our traffic, annotating training data (as needed), defining evaluation criteria, training models, launching models to production and re-training models.
- Integrate the recommendation engine with our backend infrastructure to support real-time inference under strong latency constraints and high level guarantees.
- Work closely with product teams and backend engineering teams on delivering product features that leverage recommendation and search capabilities.
- Exceptional experience in building search engines and/or recommendation systems.
- Complete understanding of machine learning systems and experience utilizing data to improve top line metrics.
- Significant understanding of libraries and tools to train models for personalization (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
- CS degree in a Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience working in e-commerce
- MS, PhD degree in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks