- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Data Science
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
Are you looking for a position where you have an immediate impact by building breathtaking data-driven products that scale? You will work on fraud detection, recommendations, propensity models, and more. Come help scale the machine learning and data organization at Fast!
We’re looking for engineers with impressive knowledge of operating at scale who can help build and operate the systems needed to power these products and the models that support them.
- You will work with a cross-functional team consisting of engineering, data science, product, and operations
- You will design, build, and operate the systems needed to ship data powered product features
- Build and support tooling for machine learning engineers and data scientists
- Remarkable professional experience designing and developing software at scale
- Significant programming skills in Golang, Python, and/or Java (we use Golang and Python)
- Senior knowledge of distributed systems, databases, APIs
- Impressive understanding of machine learning/modeling infrastructure and workflows
- Advanced degree in DS or similar strongly desired
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Snowflake, Apache Spark, Flink, Beam
- Ability to configure and manage compute infrastructure (terraform, k8s, etc)
- Working knowledge of stats, experimentation, modeling
- Prior startup experience
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks