- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Data Science
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are looking for software engineers with expertise and passion for developing large scale batch and streaming data platforms. The team’s mission is to architect, develop, and deploy world-class big data systems to empower every team at Fast to make data-driven decisions and features. The responsibility of this position could involve, but not limited to, building the real-time data streaming solution for Fast that is highly available, durable, and provides end-to-end latency guarantee.
- Build data infrastructure that collects, stores and serves mission critical information for Fast
- Build services & frameworks that make data more accessible to Fast developers, services & teams
- Build real-time data streaming solution for Fast that is highly available, durable, and provides end-to-end latency guarantee
- Utilize the latest breakthroughs in stream transportation technologies, to extract enormous value out of Fast’s data
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years experience building large scale distributed software systems.
- Solid understanding of GO for backend / systems software development.
Nice to have
- Experience working with Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, Apache Samza, Apache Storm, Apache Spark or similar streaming data technology.
- Experience managing production systems with a strong availability SLA.
- Working knowledge of SQL and data analytics at scale.
- Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
- People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
- Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)