- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 14, 2021
- Design & UI
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
The Instructional Designer and Facilitator will play a large role in the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of all training programs at Fast for field teams. Field teams include (but may not be limited to): Account Executives, Account Managers, Inside Sales Representatives, Solutions Consultants, Customer Success Onboarding Teams, Customer Support, Partner managers. This role may also evolve to develop external facing training for Partners and/or our customers.
This person will work closely with every line of business including but not limited to: managing sales boot camp including all administrative tasks associated with the program, working with subject matter experts to build training materials, partnering with marketing and design to to create rich materials for each LOB to leverage (such as 1-page product descriptions, first call decks, demo scripts), partnering with Marketing demand generation to close the gap from a lead form to a closed/won deal, work closely with our Sales Ops team to measure the success of enablement programs in relation to our KPIs, etc.
- Build and nurture relationships with sales leaders, sales reps and cross-team stakeholders to identify key enablement priorities.
- Design, deliver and measure training programs when needed (ie - enablement on a new sales tool, improve adoption of an existing tool, create an environment for the field to practice before engaging with prospects/customers).
- Coach and enable sales representatives to effectively perform prospecting, discovery, qualification, value-based story-telling, objection handling, product demos, and more.
- Use in-person instruction, virtual classroom, shadowing/observation techniques, remote coaching techniques to educate and train field team members.
- Measure and report on enablement program KPI’s and success metrics (largely via metrics in our CMS/LMS as well as Salesforce).
- Keep abreast of trends in the training and development industry; new sales tools, techniques, and resources to help improve results.
- Take an active, hands-on role in designing and delivering our Sales-Kick-Off.
- Analytical Skills - Strong ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Excellent ability to communicate effectively with others. Ability to command a room of well-tenured sales reps.
- Customer-oriented - Excellent ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Problem Solving - Excellent ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Attitude - Excited to be involved in the growing stage of a company, building the enablement organization, shaping the learning environment and culture at Fast by onboarding new hires and training tenured reps.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree - Associate or Bachelor’s required
- 3-5 years of experience as an instructional designer / facilitator / or similar position
- eLearning development experience, specifically using Articulate Storyline
- Video editing experience (no program requirement)
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team and independently
- Must be able to work in a CMS/LMS in designing and executing training (administrative work associated with a training position)
- Prefered experience and familiarity with salesforce reporting and dashboards
- Experience with Google Drive (Docs/Sheets) preferred
- Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
- People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
- Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)