- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Financial Services
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
Fast is seeking an Immigration Manager to support the needs of our growing organization. In this position, you’ll act as the immigration subject matter expert and act as a strategic partner and consultant to business leaders, candidates and partner support teams.
This role will manage end-to-end a complex portfolio of global immigration projects including short-term work assignments, immigration processes for candidates and other projects related to Fast’s global and US growth strategy.
The mix will be a blend between hands-on case work with employees and candidates in addition to a project related work related to all these endeavors.
- Manage U.S. immigration lifecycle for all the U.S. new hires and foreign national employees to obtain U.S. work visas and permanent residencies
- Manage international immigration applications and facilitate information and document collections internally and externally between the Company and service providers
- Work closely with our external and internal Finance and Payroll partners for our various entities around the world
- Respond to a high volume of global emails and phone calls to communicate policy, procedures, and resolve immigration, relocation, assignment, or tax-related questions from stakeholders
- Work with senior leadership within the immigration, Legal, Public Policy, PR, HR Risk and Compliance, Right to Work to review and understand impact of immigration changes and develop associated processes or filing strategies as needed
- Educate managers and business partners on immigration issues, strategies, and guidelines
- Work closely with service providers such as tax consultants, external immigration counsel, and relocation vendors to ensure timely, high-quality services are provided and SLAs are met.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of Immigration experience
- Experience should come from an in-house corporate setting or immigration firm experience
- Working knowledge of country specific visa types and processes
- Experience working in a role that requires a high degree of confidentiality
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and collaborative skills working in a dynamic and changing multinational organization
- 8+ years of experience in Global Mobility and Immigration experience
- Tax experience for managing assignees is highly desirable
- High-growth start-up or experience with an organization that is rapidly scaling
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- Equity grant with possibility of refresher
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks