- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Financial Services
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to globally remote, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We are looking for a hands-on individual to join us in building the Cloud Security Engineering function at Fast. You will be responsible for architecting, developing and deploying security tools and technologies to protect the Fast platform and backend infrastructure. You will get exposure and contribute to the broader systems and cloud infrastructure initiatives here at Fast. Note: this role is open in the US only
- Partner with DevOps and engineering leadership to champion secure cloud development practices and build cloud security automation into their pipelines.
- Develop the vulnerability assessment and patch triage process to support ongoing vulnerability and patch management at Fast and provide recommendations for identified vulnerabilities
- Ensure that our production platform in AWS has been hardened as per industry standards e.g. CIS benchmarks
- Review the current and upcoming infrastructure stack from a security perspective and provide recommendations
- Deploy and own Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solution at Fast.
- Develop cloud security processes and procedures to meet incident response and participate in security incident response process as cloud SME.
- Automate security controls using scripting to the extent that it requires minimal human interaction
- Stay current with the latest cloud threat mitigation tools and techniques
- Collaborate with senior management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term cloud security needs
- 10+ years of experience working within Cloud, Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps and Security roles
- Strong understanding of cloud-based infrastructure components and developing a secure architecture using AWS
- Proven experience with AWS Security best practices and strong knowledge of AWS services such as RDS, Elastic/Redis, LoadBalancers, Security Groups, ASG, EC2, EFS, Cloud Watch.
- Knowledge in areas like secure authentication and identity management, field-level encryption, Audit Logs, security reporting, and data anonymization
- Experience with key management tools like KMS, Hashicorp Vault, and SIEM tools (Splunk, Sumo Logic, etc)
- Experience in using scripting languages e.g. Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby to automate tasks and manipulate data
- AWS Security Speciality Certification highly desirable
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins desired but not a must have
- Experience with container security and container orchestration tools e.g. Kubernetes
Benefits of life @ Fast
- Fast Flex allows all of our employees to choose where they want to work: our office (when open), their home or any place else in the world.
- Early stage well-funded company with innovative engineering and product culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a company priority
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive benefits (including 99% of healthcare cost and 401k matching)
- Home office reimbursements and snack deliveries (and awesome swag!)