- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We are looking for a hands-on individual to join us in building the Cloud Security Engineering function at Fast. You will collaborate to architect, develop, and deploy security tools and technologies to protect the Fast platform and backend infrastructure.
Note: this role is open in the US only
- Partner with DevOps and engineering leadership to help build cloud security automation into their pipelines
- Help develop the vulnerability assessment and patch triage process to support ongoing vulnerability and patch management at Fast and provide recommendations for identified vulnerabilities
- Ensure that our production platform in AWS has been hardened as per industry standards e.g. CIS benchmarks
- Review the current and upcoming infrastructure stack from a security perspective and provide recommendations
- Deploy SIEM solutions
- Automate security controls using scripts
- Stay current with the latest cloud threat mitigation tools and techniques
- Collaborate with senior management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term cloud security needs
- 5+ years of experience working within Cloud, Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps and Security roles
- Strong understanding of cloud-based infrastructure components and developing a secure architecture using AWS
- Proven experience with AWS Security best practices and solid knowledge of AWS services such as RDS, Elastic/Redis, LoadBalancers, Security Groups, ASG, EC2, EFS, Cloud Watch.
- Knowledge in areas like secure authentication and identity management, field-level encryption, audit logs, security reporting, and data anonymization
- Experience with key management tools like KMS, Hashicorp Vault, and SIEM tools (Splunk, Sumo Logic, etc)
- Experience in using Python to automate tasks and manipulate data
- AWS Security Speciality Certification
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins
- Experience with container security and container orchestration tools
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks