- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco with Fast Flex for global employment, we are a privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other renowned investors.
The Team You’ll Work With
As a Senior SRE at Fast, you will be responsible for system health across various environments, primarily focused on our Production, Sandbox and Staging environments. The team is responsible for ensuring monitoring, triaging and resolving incidents with various mission critical integrations.
The team shows a deep understanding of system architecture and is involved in working with various backends to improve proposed designs. Our cloud provider is AWS and the team works with Terraform, Helm, K8S and Rancher. The SRE team also routinely partners with our Security team to keep our cloud infrastructure patched. The team also owns Fast ETL timelines.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Continue building on our existing infrastructure and bring best practices to Terraform and Helm
- Mature Deployment Pipelines and take it to the next level with a focus on speed of deployment, stability and simplicity
- Simplify the process of creating and adding new services and environments to our infrastructure
- Know how to reduce MTTR and address production issues with that mindset
- Own system health during on-call shift and understand when and how to create actionable runbooks
- Have a keen eye for automation opportunities. Measure and reduce toil
- Maintain relationships to foster developer productivity
- At Fast, system performance is one of our foundations. You will be responsible for understanding the performance bottlenecks and even forecast them and bring solutions
- Ensure high availability of our core enterprise systems and ensure they’re meeting SLO
- Evangelize new technologies and design principles
- Harden existing monitoring and alerting systems and understand the significance of actionable alerts and limit alert noise
- Perform Chaos Engineering
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- You show a growth mindset and are willing to jump into new problem areas
- Understand that the Customer is priority #1
- Have a whatever it takes attitude while reducing toil
- Care about the product and the technology that drives it.
You have prior experience working with these technologies:
>AWS products such as EKS, ECR, SNS, SQS, SAM, Step Functions, etc.
- >Helm / Chartmuseum (Nice to Have)
- >Load Balancers and different strategies for them
- >CI/CD (CircleCI, Travis, buildKite, Jenkins, etc.)
- >DynamoDB (or other major NoSql DBMS)
- >Datadog, ELK, Splunk or another major logging platform
- >Worked with Security Teams in the past
- >Major CDN (such as Cloudflare)Bash and/or Python Scripting
You will be working with other cross-functional engineers as well as product managers. You will show an aptitude of understanding your audience and show EQ and soft skills where you can help elevate others.
Benefits of life @ Fast
- Fast Flex allows all of our employees to choose where they want to work: our office (when open), their home or any place else in the world.
- Help eliminate passwords and expand e-commerce worldwide
- Innovative engineering and product culture
- Early stage well-funded company
- Inclusion and diversity as a company priority
- Founders-led company
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive benefits (including 99% of healthcare cost and 401k matching)
- Additional benefits include home office reimbursements and snack deliveries