- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
Fast is seeking a Senior Privacy and Product Counsel to lead a broad range of privacy-focused legal initiatives. This role will work closely with the product, engineering and security teams to launch new and modified Fast product features, with a privacy-forward design. You will report directly to our General Counsel and work closely with our Senior Payments Counsel. The role is US-based.
- Provide privacy compliance and product advice across all aspects of global privacy, IP and consumer protection laws and regulation
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in applicable data protection laws, including US state and federal laws, GDPR and other global privacy law
- Coordinate with global privacy and product subject matter experts, including regional counsel, to maintain compliance and mitigate legal risk
- Drive high-profile and high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with cross-functional stakeholders across Fast’s business, legal, communications, security, and other teams
- Manage internal privacy compliance programs, and develop and conduct general and role-specific privacy training across Fast to ensure we meet our compliance obligations
- Advise the partnership and sales teams on privacy and security-related matters, including areas related to partnerships, integrations, and other business development opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience advising technology companies on privacy compliance, product counseling, and related regulatory issues
- Broad experience with global privacy, IP and consumer protection laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, including GDPR
- Creativity in solving problems and dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Financial regulatory experience is a plus
- Admitted to and in good standing with at least one state bar
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm about Fast!
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks