- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Product Management
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
Fast is seeking a Director of Corporate Events who understands the power that events can have in driving brand awareness and closing business. They are great at developing the strategy of each event, driving buy-in, ensuring team alignment, and executing flawlessly. Fast events can include owned conferences, industry tradeshows, association events, customer events, regional prospecting events, online events, large parties, and more.
You will be responsible for driving the event strategy, planning process and execution for everything from very large virtual and in-person events, to smaller salon dinners globally. This role requires superior project management, time management, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. The candidate should be extremely detail-oriented and have hands-on experience in planning, producing, and promoting virtual events.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in planning events that achieve major company goals
- Successful project management of multiple work streams
- Drive internal and external corporate event strategy, production, roadmaps, projects, and budget
- Produce events at scale, with attention to the big picture and the tiniest of details
- Coordinate all operations, budgets, logistics, and suppliers relating to events while researching/proposing new events based on marketing strategies and business opportunities
- Present, promote and drive executive buy-in for decisions internally and externally, keep teams and executives informed and updated regularly
- 10+ years of event production and management experience
- 7+ years managing event budgets including purchase orders and invoicing
- Proven track record running mid-sized to large conferences and corporate events
- Proficiency with Google docs, Excel, PowerPoint, budget trackers, and event management software
- Experience working in both digital and in-person event environments
Nice to Have
- Fluency in more than one language
- Prior start up experience
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks