- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Product Management
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
Reporting into the Chief Communications Officer, the Internal Communications Manager will be a senior leader in the rapidly growing Communications Department. You will develop and execute an internal communications strategy that preserves and strengthens Fast’s unique culture, while ensuring crystal-clear, two-way communications that allows Fastronauts to understand management priorities and allows management to stay close to ideas / concerns / support from all employees.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple projects flawlessly and constantly be looking for new opportunities to bind the team together.
Key attributes include: quick thinker, results-oriented, lover of words, able to see the big picture while having a keen eye for detail, collaborative, kind, patient, creative, persuasive, resourceful, well-organized, confident, an initiator, flexible and enthusiastic.
This is the right role for you if you are:
- A proven internal comms strategist who is also happy to roll up your sleeves and do the legwork to carry out the strategy you’ve created
- Have experience running internal communications initiatives for remote-first companies and / or high-growth tech start-ups
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines, often concurrent, for disparate projects
- A strong listener with a curious mind who can learn about new subjects and translate them into compelling stories for a broad audience
- An exceptional project manager with the ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- A self-starter who approaches everything with drive, urgency, and energy
- Excited to solve hard problems in creative ways
- Skilled at thinking on your feet and at ease in a constantly changing work environment
- Building and leading Fast’s internal comms strategy
- Celebrating, preserving and scaling the magic of Fast’s culture across a growing, remote workforce
- Creating and commissioning content that resonates with team members
- Developing new channels to share priorities with and listen to Fastronauts
- Organizing the company-wide All Hands Meeting
- Possessing journalist-quality writing skills
- Managing complex programs and events
- Initiating and owning editorial calendar with long lead times
- Working closely with the entire HR team
- Establishing and modeling best practices for employee use of Slack
- 12+ years of experience in internal communications, including
- 2+ running the function
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Bonus points if you are a Cubs fan and / or can also write perfectly in another language
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks