- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We’re looking for an architecture-focused, hands-on, and hardworking senior backend engineer to join our Broadcast team. Our team is empowered to make high-leverage and impactful decisions that could change the engineering organization. The Broadcast team works on technologies to improve and scale data processing.
The ideal candidate should have experience building mission critical, highly scalable, low latency, and reliable distributed systems, and be driven to become a technical expert in their domain. You’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re a collaborative teammate.
- Build and maintain an event pipeline to store data that can be used by the rest of the company to drive decisions for our future
- Abstract messaging concepts to centralize communications delivery for customers
- Evolve the pub-sub infrastructure to provide services with easy-to-use, reliable and robust message-bus infrastructure
- Work with business and platform teams and build data infrastructure solutions to support various use cases
- Collaborate with other engineers to create features and ensure reliability
- Strong technical background, including experience with software engineering in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Hands-on experience and expertise in building and operating distributed systems
- Familiarity with SDLC
- Ability to decompose large-scale distributed systems and figure out failure scenarios and debug them in an efficient manner
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc)
- Solid understanding of engineering and infrastructure standard methodologies
- Ability with APIs applicable to the solutions you are creating
- Experience coding in Golang
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with messaging systems
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- Equity grant with possibility of refresher
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks