- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We’re looking for a senior backend engineer to join our Catalog team. We want to enable our partners to succeed by helping them upload their best product contents and manage their presence on Fast. You will work on a backend engineering team responsible for executing foundational and infrastructural areas of our product catalog. The ideal candidate should have experience building mission critical, highly scalable, low latency, and reliable distributed systems, and be driven to become a technical guru in their domain, and have a passion for building, scaling, and operating backend systems.
- Define and execute vision for evolving the infrastructure that forms the foundation for the Fast Catalog.
- Own and innovate the core functional areas of Catalog infrastructure including the product ingestion and indexing systems, product retrieval systems, Partner management systems, third party integration for product content acquisition, and more
- Re-architect Catalog infrastructure services/components to achieve greater scalability, efficiency, performance, reliability, and functionality
- Design and implement services/components to support new Catalog product features and checkout business opportunities
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working in areas of backend engineering
- Specialist in APIs applicable to the solutions you are creating
- Prior experience with distributed systems
- Experience coding in Golang
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- Equity grant with possibility of refresher
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks