- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco with Fast Flex for global employment, we are a privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
- We’re looking for senior backend engineers to join our Payments team.
- Payments team is working on building a global payments infrastructure that enables both our customers and merchants to perform transactions in a seamless way.
- Products built by Payments team sit at the core of Fast platform.
- We handle the secure collection of payment method data for customers, onboarding of businesses, as well as all the payment flows through Fast. As a global company, we work on complex payment routing problems that optimize money movement for businesses around the world
Ideal candidate should have experience in building APIs, as well as integrating with third party APIs that are mission critical for the product. They should be familiar with building scalable, reliable distributed systems and able to lead engineering efforts end-to-end.
- Design, build and maintain payments systems and APIs at Fast
- Build money movement infrastructure on global scale
- Launch new payment methods for Fast customers
- Lead new payment feature development such as Buy Now Pay Later, stored value, lending, etc.
- Work on business facing payments products
- Expertise in building scalable, easy-to-use APIs
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a backend software engineer
- Prior experience working with payments technologies
- Prior experience with distributed systems
- Experience coding in Golang
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Benefits of life @ Fast
- Fast Flex allows all of our employees to choose where they want to work: our office (when open), their home or any place else in the world.
- Help eliminate passwords and expand e-commerce worldwide
- Innovative engineering and product culture
- Early stage well-funded company
- Inclusion and diversity as a company priority
- Founders-led company
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive benefits (including 99% of healthcare cost and 401k matching)
- Additional benefits include home office reimbursements and snack deliveries