- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco with Fast Flex for global employment, we are a privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We’re looking for a backend engineer to join our IAM team. Our team supports everything around our user’s identity and access controls. You will work on a core platform engineering team responsible for architecting, building out, and maintaining our core authentication and authorization infrastructure as well as play a meaningful role in designing and building our identity as a service product. The ideal candidate should have experience building mission critical, highly scalable, low latency, and reliable distributed systems, and be driven to become a technical specialist in their domain, and have a passion for building, scaling, and operating backend systems.
- Define and execute vision for evolving the infrastructure that forms the foundation for the Fast Catalog
- Own and innovate the core functional areas of Catalog infrastructure including the product ingestion and indexing systems, product retrieval systems, Partner management systems, third party integration for product content acquisition, and more
- Re-architect Catalog infrastructure services and components to achieve greater scalability, efficiency, performance, reliability, and functionality
- Design and implement services/components to support new Catalog product features and checkout business opportunities
- CS degree or equivalent experience5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working in areas of backend engineering
- Profound ability with APIs applicable to the solutions you are creating
- Prior experience with distributed systemsExperience with Golang
- Experience with NoSQL databasesExperience building endpoint protection and endpoint management
- Experience with cloud security including IAM, SSO, OAuth and 2-step verification
- Knowledge of techniques, standards, and state of the art capabilities for Authentication/Authorization/Use of Cryptographic Systems
Benefits of life @ Fast
- Fast Flex allows all of our employees to choose where they want to work: our office (when open), their home or any place else in the world.
- Help eliminate passwords and expand e-commerce worldwide
- Innovative engineering and product culture
- Early stage well-funded company
- Inclusion and diversity as a company priority
- Founders-led company
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive benefits (including 99% of healthcare cost and 401k matching)
- Additional benefits include home office reimbursements and snack deliveries