- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We are seeking an experienced senior engineering manager that will lead a talented team of managers, data engineers, data scientists and machine learning experts to build out our risk platform. As the engineering manager of the team, you will be responsible for building our risk engine and the supporting tools and infrastructure that will evaluate transactions and user behaviors to identify fraudulent activities and ensure our customer’s checkout experience is secure.
- Lead and grow a team of talented engineers through direct mentorship, while continuously raising the bar by hiring exceptional talent in the team.
- Drive the vision and direction for the engineering team’s roadmap through hands-on technical engagement and strategic influence.
- Closely engage with our risk cross-functional counterparts across the business and in product management.
- Consistently scope accurate estimated project sizes and timelines, while both defining and consistently achieving goals that align with Fast’s overarching business objectives.
- Manage and proactively communicate with stakeholders on project progress throughout the entirety of the project lifecycle.
- Participate in org-wide initiatives of building a strong, healthy, and collaborative engineering culture at Fast.
- Prior experience as an engineering manager of 10-15+ engineers
- Experience working with data and machine learning frameworks in the payments and risk domain.
- CS degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in e-commerce industry
- Previous mature startup experience
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- Equity grant with possibility of refresher
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks