- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We are seeking bold, enthusiastic software engineers to join our machine learning teams. The ideal candidate should be able to work across the stack to build ML/Data driven applications for Fast, which include Search, Recommendation, Risk and more. The position will also involve building the ML and Data Infrastructure that will be used by all engineering teams at Fast
- Work with a cross-functional team consisting of engineering, data science, product, and operations
- Design and build highly scalable systems needed to ship ML/Data powered product features
- Build ML and Data Infrastructure that will be used by all engineering teams at Fast
- Own the full ML pipeline of analyzing data from our traffic, collecting training data, defining evaluation criteria, training models, deploying models to production and re-training models.
- Build and integrate search, recommendation and risk engines with our backend infrastructure to support real-time inference under strong latency constraints and high level guarantees.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, informatics); advanced degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of industry experience on building machine learning related applications
- Remarkable professional experience designing and developing software at scale
- Strong programming skills in Golang, Python, and/or Java (we use Golang and Python)
- Knowledge of distributed systems, databases, APIs
Nice to Have
- Experience working with search, recommendation or riskE
- Experience working with Snowflake, Apache Spark, Flink, Beam
- Ability to configure and manage compute infrastructure (terraform, k8s, etc)
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous parental/family leave for all caregivers- available at any time within 12 months after the new family member joins you
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks