- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
Team & Role Summary
The Consumer group is primarily responsible for the Fast Checkout experience across all our consumers and merchants. It is this group’s responsibility to make the checkout experience delightful and Fast. The team works on core checkout features, headless checkout, mobile SDK and more. Frontend and backend engineers that are obsessed with delivering amazing user experiences will enjoy working with our designers, product managers and other engineers on the team to deliver Fast’s core product to all of our customers.
The Checkout team within the Consumer group is building outstanding user experiences across the shopping journey by expanding the set of businesses that can use Fast and growing the number of buyers that purchase through Fast. Our team works on enabling our product teams to iterate quickly and build new features on top of our platform. Our system is the primary profit center for the company. We are looking for product oriented engineers who are looking to execute on the business vision in a clean and sustainable way.
- Develop and simplify code across the stack with a focus on backend utilizing Go (Golang)
- Design and improve the code base with scalable & testable code
- Collaborate with product, design and the broader engineering team on features and functionality
- Evaluate product launch related use cases from a technical & customer perspective
- Participate in team meetings covering release and build roadmaps and be an active voice in the discussion
- Bachelors degree in computer science or relevant professional experience
- Proven track record of building scalable backend products & systems
- Solution oriented & customer obsessed mindset
- Experience building distributed systems in a micro service world
- Experience with Golang in a professional environment
- Experience with DynamoDB or similar NOSQL databases
- Experience with building low latency systems
- Experience with building realtime monitoring systems
- Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
- People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
- Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)