- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
Team & Role Summary
The Core Platform Group is responsible for ensuring the mission critical services at Fast can scale and be extensible to enable Fast’s growth. The group has teams such as Orders and Catalog that is at the core of powering various Consumer, Seller and Creator experiences. The teams consists of experienced senior and staff backend engineers that are truly motivated in scaling platform services to support hundreds and thousands of simultaneous checkouts. At the same time these teams also play a key role in enabling various customer facing experiences such as checkout, recommendations, buyer dashboard and catalog search.
The Orders team within the Core Platform group is responsible for running the core backend of the checkout business. The “front of house” of our team is involved in serving all data & mutations during the Fast Checkout customer experience. Our “back of house” team is responsible for processing all order related data and ensuring the stability of order processing workflows. We manage the end to end data lifecycle of an order, from e-commerce cart to delivery at your door. From kicking off risk analysis workflows to payment processing, the order lifecycle is maintained by our team.
- Develop and simplify code across the stack with a focus on backend utilizing Go (Golang)
- Design and improve the code base with scalable & testable code
- Collaborate with product, design and the broader engineering team on features and functionality
- Evaluate product launch related use cases from a technical & customer perspective
- Participate in team meetings covering release and build roadmaps and be an active voice in the discussion
- CS degree or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Experience utilizing Go in a professional environment
- Experience with building applications that have millions of concurrent users
- Experience with distributed systems and/or microservices
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
- People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
- Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)