- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We’re looking for a Staff Engineer to join our Payments Team and lead efforts to build a global payments infrastructure that enables both our customers and merchants to preform seamless transactions.
We handle the secure data collection of payment method for customers, onboarding businesses at a global scale, and all the payment flows that go through Fast. We’re working on complex payment routing problems that optimize money movement for businesses around the world.
We’re looking for talented engineers who have experience building APIs and integrating with third party APIs that are mission critical for the product. You should be familiar with building scalable, reliable distributed systems and able to lead engineering efforts end-to-end.
- Scope & lead high-impact engineering efforts in payments space
- Lead cross-functional engineering efforts with a focus on core payment related features at Fast
- Advise leadership on company trajectory, considering the latest innovations in the payments space
- Build money movement infrastructure on a global scale, dealing with cross-border, cross-currency financial transactions
- Lead new payment feature development such as Buy Now Pay Later, stored value, lending, etc.
- 7+ years of professional experience with highly scalable system architecture & API design
- Prior experience working with payments technologies
- Experience serving as technical lead across multiple teams
- Experience owning technical roadmap for large business areas
- Experience setting vision and rallying engineering efforts to deliver business impact
- Experience coding in Golang
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience integrating with payments processors such as Stripe
- Benefits and Perks- Because People Matter
- Comprehensive insurance (paid 99% by the company) with no deductible, and 10 dollar copays
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules to fit your needs
- Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers- up to 12 weeks
- 401k with match up to 4%
- People-focused PTO that you determine- time off is there when you want it, when you need it
- Frequent inclusive events scheduled to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise and internet stipends---and snacks