- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Financial Services
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
The Fast Customer Success team is hiring a Customer Success Support Manager to lead the strategy and execution of scaling Fast’s support operations. This role is responsible for delivering industry-defining support for Fast’s growing seller and consumer base. This new role is critical in bringing the Fast Customer Success mission to life to its community, with the opportunity of building a diverse, dynamic team in 2021.
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of scaling Customer Success support operations, overseeing the day-to-day performance of operations, and ensuring overall quality targets are being delivered
- Develop and implement processes for transitioning from current-state to future-state locally and globally; in-house or outsourced
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that help scale and improve support operations. Examples of projects are: creating the operational business case for scaled support, if necessary, leading the vendor review & selection, contract negotiation, outsourcing select lines of business or tiers, and improvements to onboarding and training
- Present data-driven recommendations and solutions through forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning
- Conduct business reviews and to assess overall operational performance and health
- Analyze data and trends internally or externally to drive changes if needed, improving operational processes, identify opportunities to increase efficiencies, cost reduction, etc
- Serve as the primary point of contact for issues related to overall scaled solutions (in-house or outsourced) performance and quality to effectively resolve escalations
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to manage expectations on performance, business requirements and overall service delivery, holding support teams accountable for overall performance execution
- Identify opportunities for processes and best-practices adoption, develop and adjust SOPs to align with the broader Customer Success organization at Fast
- Learn how to handle day-to-day account and customer interactions across different support channels and customer tiers
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Sales, Product, Eng, Marketing, Partnerships, Security, etc to get the right answers for Fast’s customers or external partners
- Train new team members who join the Customer Success organization
Who you are
- Customer-oriented. Our internal and external customers are always top-of-mind for you and their satisfaction is your primary driver and motivation. You thrive in building and nurturing internal relationships with stakeholders and making data-driven recommendations which impact external customers. You always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
- Problem solver. No task is too big or small for you. You are proactive, resourceful and a natural problem-solver. You’re extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems. You ask thoughtful questions and take action to come up with a solution.
- Excellent communicator. Communicating and developing rapport comes naturally to you. You can simplify and explain complex problems across any audience. You follow-up and follow-through, always closing the loop with your teammates and stakeholders.
- Invested in growth. You are determined to influence operations strategy in the customer success team and at Fast. You’re passionate about your own growth, and in helping your teammates grow with you.
- 4+ years of work experience managing outsourced operations as client and/or vendor; operations and sales experience in a high-growth environment
- Proven operations leader with experience managing global 3rd party vendors or partners
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; proven experience of influencing other teams/groups where their support is critical to success
- Proven leader and team player, understanding cultural barriers, identifying efficiency opportunities, and bridging operational gaps
- Solid Project Management experience and track-record taking projects to completion and ability to oversee multiple projects at once
- Expertise in operational forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning
- Strong analytics and reporting background, with the ability to build scorecards or dashboards independently
- An ability to identify blockers, proactively find solutions, and communicate effectively
- Experience providing customer support across multiple channels, i.e. email, voice, chat, social media, in-person; Proficiency in multi-channel support tools, i.e. Zendesk, Salesforce
- Experience training, evaluating, and coaching team members; capable of assessing performance and recommending initiatives for improvement
- Flexible to work across different US time zones
Benefits of Fast
We are an early stage, well-funded company with an innovative engineering and product culture, who prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We offer incredible health benefits, 401k, and equity as part of our competitive compensation package.
- Do you like snacks? So do we. Every month we curate new companies and products, and share with all employees, regardless of location.
- Also- we have fabulous swag, including the infamous Fast Hoodie (with its own Twitter following).