- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 8, 2021
- Business Development
- Business Applications
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma’s platform enables multiple people to work together in the browser. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and partners by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is truly making design accessible to all, welcome to Figma.
Figma is looking for a someone to join the Business Development team to help lead growth and adoption of our API platform across products. This role will be responsible for leading current developer relationships as well as identifying and executing on ecosystem partnerships that enable new features, and improve the overall user experience. You’ll be working in an exciting and constantly evolving environment while establishing relationships cross-functionally with our product, engineering, design, marketing and legal teams to influence roadmaps and resources. You’ll act as a bridge between our developer ecosystem and internal teams to facilitate product and platform collaboration.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States. When safe to do so, this role will include up to 25% travel.
What you’ll be doing
- Run and grow existing partnerships; identify new areas of collaboration and opportunities with high value partners.
- Drive adoption of Figma’s platform among companies offering software products and services that are key to our users
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, trends, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional teams
- Identify new opportunities and make the case internally for why they help move the business forward.
- Lead technical and business negotiations by partnering with our legal team to develop custom partnership agreements and repeatable templates to scale to future partnerships.
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Figma a favored company with which to partner
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 8+ years in business development/partnership type roles with a proven understanding of dealing with technical products
- Shown success identifying, engaging and co-creating innovative partnerships with developer partners by leveraging the full capability of a platform products portfolio
- Shown success leading multiple partners simultaneously through programmatic means
- Strong analytical skills and written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize multiple sophisticated projects
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership within Figma and within partner organizations
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with technical feasibility of APIs
- Unbridled resourcefulness in the short-term, coupled with an eye towards meaningful relationship building in the long-term
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.