- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The vision of the Figma Community is to move Figma from standalone design tools to an ecosystem and platform. Community is where our users share, explore, and gain inspiration from one another. We provide the support for creators to thrive with the power of the design community and take their design process to the next level.
We’re looking for a senior data scientist who will take ownership of this team’s data projects and serve as a strategic partner to Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, and Marketing. In working with an independent product surface with a unique focus, your responsibilities would cover a broad set of work including exploratory analysis, experimentation, and model evaluation and improvement related to the content discovery experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of using data to influence product teams and help them achieve their goals through both analytics and machine learning.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Design and evaluate experiments to measure improvements to UI and algorithms
- Generate ideas to creatively leverage data for shaping future product roadmaps
- Collaborate with engineering to leverage machine learning to improve relevancy of content on Community.
- Drive democratization of data through creation of new datasets and tooling
- Design and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, and Marketing
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree in a quantitative field(Advanced degree preferred)
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Fluency in Python, R or similar scripting language
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in distributed data processing systems(Hive, Redshift, Presto, Snowflake, etc)
- Breadth of knowledge around machine learning and experiment design, including A/B testing and content ranking algorithms
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- A self-starting mindset along with strong communication and collaboration skills
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- By the numbers: one year of remote work
- Measuring the value of design systems
- Figma’s Series D: The Decade of Design
- Figma's engineering values
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.