- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 8, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our growing team. In this role, you will partner directly with one of our core product teams to uncover insights, influence decision making, and apply a data lens to business problems critical to Figma’s growth. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of using data to influence product teams and help them achieve their goals, values up-leveling the broader team, and is a compelling data storyteller.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage various data science methods such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and causal inference to understand user behavior and optimize the product experience
- Design and evaluate experiments from A/B tests to more advanced designs to measure the effects of the collaborative nature of Figma
- Generate ideas to creatively leverage data for shaping future product roadmaps
- Drive democratization of data through creation of new datasets and tooling
- Design and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, Sales, and Marketing
We’re looking for someone with:
- Degree in a quantitative field(Advanced degree preferred)
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Fluency in Python, R or similar scripting language
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in distributed data processing systems(Hive, Redshift, Presto, Snowflake, etc)
- Breadth of knowledge around statistical methods and experiment design, including A/B testing, sequential testing, synthetic control, cluster-randomized testing
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- A self-starting mindset along with strong communication and collaboration skills
Read more about our team:
- By the numbers: one year of remote work
- Figma's engineering values
- Figma’s Series D: The Decade of Design
- Measuring the value of design systems
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.