- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Figma is seeking a web designer to join the Brand Team, a multidisciplinary group of designers, makers, and strategists. This dynamic team establishes and evolves the way Figma shows up and interacts with the world through our various brand touch-points. The team values makers who are curious, think deeply, enjoy collaboration, and appreciate feedback. The Brand Team is still forming, so this is a great opportunity to help shape the team’s culture and have a major impact.
As a Web Designer, you will be responsible for designing visually engaging and accessible web experiences for desktop, tablet, and mobile surfaces. This is a highly collaborative role where you will partner closely with cross-functional teams to conceptualize web-based solutions that generate interest in Figma’s products, marketing campaigns, events, and editorial properties. Your role is critical to presenting the Figma brand on the web in novel and unexpected ways while maintaining a focus on accessibility and UX best practices. The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated and excited about designing for the web.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Design engaging, highly visual, responsive web experiences that you’ll take from concept through to production
- Elevate and evolve the Figma brand across new and maintained web surfaces
- Collaborate with marketing, product design, and growth teams to create alignment on messaging and overall solutions
- Work closely with developers to deliver design specifications, guidelines, and documentationthatensures an accurate build of visual and interactive designs
- Engage in constructive design critiques
- Deliver and present prototypes to cross-functional teams
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience designing and prototyping in Figma
- Deep knowledge of UX best practices, patterns, and requirements
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating knowledge of interaction design, responsive layout,and typesetting
- Experience working alongside front-end developers
- Able to work independently and drive multiple projects at a time
- Embrace an iterative design process and receptive to feedback. Progress over perfection.
- Expert knowledge in a11y best practices
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.