- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 12, 2021
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As an Revenue analyst, you will be a critical part of the Company’s billing and month-end close processes. As a member of a small finance team, the ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a self-starter who can work independently, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. This role will report to the Manager of Revenue Accounting.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Timely and accurate preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations, ensuring our revenue and deferred revenue are recorded in accordance with GAAP
- Review revenue contracts in detail, identifying any non-standard terms to ensure accurate revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and ASC 606
- Support expansion of integrating new revenue streams into our processes and NetSuite
- Analyze P&L and balance sheet accounts, comparing against forecast and prior periods, providing succinct variance explanations to support the monthly, quarterly and annual financial results
- Work cross functionally with Technical Accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Accounts Receivable, and Engineering, and various business owners to develop scalable revenue accounting processes and to drive new system initiatives and improvements
- Preparing disclosures for financial statements related to revenue
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participating in special projects, ERP implementations, system enhancements, and ad hoc analyses, as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of combined experience in public accounting and in a corporate revenue accounting role
- Operational revenue accounting experience in SAAS technology business
- Prior experience with ASC 606 & ASC 340
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional setting
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably Netsuite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy
- Strong Excel skills
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.