- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Applications
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma’s platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Strategic Finance team is focused on solving some of Figma’s most pressing business issues. The team is responsible for owning the company’s budget, driving annual and quarterly planning processes, allocating and deploying the company’s resources efficiently, performing financial analyses, and partnering with all departments across the company. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, a great communicator, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll get substantial exposure across the company, focus on the highest-priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes, and own the underlying financial forecast models, systems, and tools
- Serve as thought partner to cross functional stakeholders and ensure they have the necessary resources to invest in key initiatives
- Drive alignment on KPIs and key metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, growth initiatives, business performance, and provide visibility into operating performance
- Partner with leadership and recruiting to design and maintain a headcount planning process
- Understand and analyze the levers that drive the company’s long-term financial trajectory
- Implement a best-in-class planning system that will scale with Figma for 5+ years
- Assist with capital planning efforts, corporate finance, and investor relations
- Prepare presentations and key reporting to the Board of Directors and Executive Team
You might be a good fit if you have:
- An ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and develop concrete action plans
- A highly entrepreneurial“roll up your sleeves” mindset
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Ability to quickly identify and methodically resolve potential road-blocks
- Excellent presentation and written skills and the ability to clearly communicate messages that link business issues and financial results to business leaders
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate planning, FP&A or related fields — preferably for a B2B SaaS business
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Formalize quarterly re-forecast process with Executive Leadership team. Develop key metrics by department and deliver quarterly closes package to assess performance against key metrics
- Develop unit economics framework to measure business efficiency and inform annual budgeting. Benchmark company performance against relevant SaaS comps
- Implement a financial planning tool
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.