- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Business Applications
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionising the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As Figma’s first Director of HR in EMEA, you’ll be a key part of supporting Figma’s most precious resource—its employees. As a senior member of the global People team—acting as a mentor and advocate for employees at all career levels—and you’ll demonstrate your experience and creativity to build systems and resources to allow people to do their best work, day in and day out. As our UK entity is relatively new (about a year old), you’ll also be partnering with our external HR partners/vendors to ensure that our core EMEA HR operations are in excellent shape.
As a culture champion, you will lead by example, and your mentorship, patience, and insights will help foster our mission to make Figma a deeply inclusive environment. You’ll work hand-in-hand with Figma managers on the people programs that let us develop and retain Figmates, from performance management to supplementary learning and beyond; and you’ll partner with the broader HR leadership team to implement, stand-up and support all international locations.
As part of a small but thriving team, you’ll have the chance to create a huge impact—if you thrive when helping others learn and grow, this just might be the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with and coach managers on people-related matters, such as organisational/team development, employee relations, etc.
- Advise and mentor employees of all levels on matters relating to work development, engagement, conflicts, and more.
- Bolster our company culture in all interactions by modelling and instilling our values and promoting a culture of healthy communication.
- Work collaboratively with other People Partners to provide consistent and cohesive execution of HR programs such as performance management, DE&I initiatives, compensation/promotion cycles, and talent development.
- Partner with Finance and Recruiting on resource planning and headcount management.
- Regularly assess organisational climate, engagement, and efficiencies, and seek opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Work closely with Figma’s EMEA leaders to innovate and own cross-functional projects to support Figma’s European employees.
- Roll up your sleeves alongside our external vendors to build out the core HR foundations in our relatively new UK entity.
What we value:
- Demonstrable experience in the EMEA market in a relevant People Ops/HR role; ideally in a thriving company
- Strong and broad capability across HR proficiencies, including employee relations, performance management, compensation, compliance, coaching, organisational change, and program development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of employment law/compliance regulations for the UK (ideally also wider EMEA region and APAC a bonus); proven track record of working with external partners to supplement your compliance knowledge/execution.
- Passionate and pragmatic champion of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout all people programs
- Superb oral and written communicator to many different audiences; you “read the room” and can be trusted to message anything with care and confidence.
- Detailed and discreet—you are a rock-solid partner across the org, and people know they can trust you with sensitive information.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.