- United States
- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 3, 2021
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing our global payroll function to ensure accurate, timely processing of employee payroll while adhering to multi-state tax laws, federal, state and local laws globally. They will be responsible for driving procedures and systemic solutions to improve operation and our control environment. They should have the ability to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment with great accuracy.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Oversee global payroll process, and manage the current team and service provider
- Manage daily payroll operations in accordance with company policies and standards, as well as federal, state, and local regulations
- Manage the accurate and timely completion and submission of employment tax and other filings, as well as other regulatory reporting needs, for the company
- Develop, implement and monitor departmental metrics, goals, and objectives to support payroll operations
- Supervising and coordinating the review, analysis, and reconciliation of employment tax withholdings and deposits
- Participate and/or lead projects with a system-wide scope including participating in the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and programs to increase the payroll operation efficiency and effectiveness
- Conduct and review audits to ensure accuracy, data integrity, and adherence to regulatory mandates
- Lead team efforts in timely and accurate research, analysis, and problem resolution
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to ensure accurate general ledger postings and reconciliations
- Maintain compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and controls for payroll
- Support ad-hoc payroll requests as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Sales Operations, and HR
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPP certification a strong plus
- 7+ years relevant work experience in payroll and 3 years of supervisory experience
- Global payroll and multi-state US payroll with both exempt and nonexempt employees
- Public company experience
- Deep understanding of applicable Federal, State, and local payroll and related tax laws, regulations, and statutes
- Experience with processing all types of stock transactions, and an understanding of the tax implications of each type (i.e. NQSO, ISO, RSU, ESPP)
- Experience implementing and operationalizing Workday
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.