- United States
- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 3, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. We launched FigJam, a dedicated whiteboarding tool and Figma’s second product offering, to beta in April 2021. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for a leader who is excited about the challenges that come with rapid growth and passionate about connecting people together through a positive and inclusive culture. As the Director of Engineering for FigJam at Figma, you will lead the group of teams responsible for building FigJam. FigJam is currently free during the 2021 beta, and we plan to launch pricing in 2022. The ideal leader for this role is excited about rallying teams to iterate quickly on a new product to drive towards market fit.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Manage, support and grow a diverse team of EMs and engineers who build the FigJam product.
- Partner with cross functional leaders in Product, Research, Design, and Data to set strategy, priorities, and mission for FigJam.
- Establish and iterate on team processes as we scale over time, reinforcing our collaborative, supportive management culture.
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community reporting to the VPE.
Some projects you could work on:
- Ensure a seamless transition to a paid FigJam product.
- Design an org structure for FigJam that scales through 2022 and beyond.
- Develop and hire new managers within FigJam engineering.
- Deepen collaborative use cases for entire product teams to make FigJam indispensable.
- Leverage our developer and community ecosystems to broaden collaborative use cases and set us up for expansion outside of product teams.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years experience managing both individual contributors and engineering leaders
- A product mindset that enables you to work effectively with cross functional peers
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- The ability to support and grow senior ICs and managers
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
- How work is changing at Figma
- How Figma’s multiplayer technology works
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.