- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Developer platform team will play an important role in making sure Figma’s future strategic bets are successful. Figma’s mission is to make design accessible to everyone, and by everyone we definitely also mean developers! In just the past couple years Figma has launched many features that bring designs closer to production, such as Components, Auto Layout, and Variants. Additionally, we’ve expanded Figma into a developer platform with the addition of plugins and widgets.
The Developer platform team exists in recognition that developers play a crucial part in not only the development, but also the design of products. The team will partner with other product and engineering teams to ensure Figma continues to push the boundaries of collaboration between design and engineering.
We are looking for engineering leaders who are motivated by product strategy and business and revenue impact and eager to help pave the way for Figma’s next big bets.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Manage, support and grow a diverse team of engineers who are passionate about building tools that make developers feel at home in Figma.
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Developer platform team.
- Partner with core product teams to support Figma’s strategic bets by providing expertise around how design translates to engineering processes and code.
- Grow a team with a culture of healthy, effective feedback.
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization.
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative and thoughtful engineering community.
- Building out Figma’s European product & engineering organization to support the next phase of our growth.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 1+ years of experience managing high output engineering teams
- Experience building developer oriented tools or frameworks
- Success building an inclusive and diverse culture
- Experience scaling products and teams in high growth environments
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Bringing the power of our open platform to FigJam
- Extend what’s possible with Figma Plugins
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.