- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma’s platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We are building out the Communications, Community and Content team at Figma. This role will be a leader in the next chapter of building Figma’s brand and an integral part of the global marketing team. We believe that owned content is essential to building a long-term, resonant brand. This work includes thought leadership, brand storytelling and community-oriented stories, as well as content that tells stories to our users and buyers. So, we’re looking for an editorial and content leader to lead that growing team, with experience driving both brand storytelling and B2B content marketing for high-growth companies. The Director of Editorial and Content will lead our efforts to connect with existing and new audiences authentically, deeply and clearly. The ideal candidate will have a strong POV, excellent leadership skills, and an innate ability to focus on brand and business goals.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do:
- Drive content and editorial strategy across our owned channels, telling stories that build Figma’s brand and persuade current and prospective users
- Establish Figma’s thought leadership platforms, for the brand and also individual executives
- Build content infrastructure for scale - including new channels, surfaces, guidelines and editorial processes
- Partner with leaders across product, sales and marketing to mine and share stories
- Build out and lead a team of content thinkers and creators
- Serve as chief storyteller for Figma
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Experience in dynamic newsrooms, communications or marketing functions, across written, visual and audio content
- A proven track record creating impactful content campaigns
- Experience leading and managing editorial teams
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Intellectual curiosity and optimistic creativity
- Facility with analytics
- An ability - and love - for serving as both a strategist and a doer
- 10+ years experience in editorial and content
Read more about our team
- Reflections on Config, our first user conference
- How work is changing at Figma
- The making of Maker Week
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.