- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We are adding to the Communications, Content and Community Marketing Team with a new editorial team member. We believe that telling stories that spotlight the power and impact of design is essential to building Figma’s long-term brand and audience. This role will focus primarily in writing with opportunity to broaden into multimedia storytelling over time. This person will help us generate thought leadership, brand storytelling and community-oriented stories that bring a journalistic eye - and must-read quality - to the digital page. The ideal candidate will be an excellent story miner with a pulse on the zeitgeist and a proven portfolio of editorial writing.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs(NY or SF) or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Mine for stories from inside and outside of Figma that we can bring to life on our owned channels
- Conceive and create that content for the blog
- Play the role of editor with Figmates around the company writing content for the blog
- Focus on augmenting our distribution levers, including new editorial newsletters
- Collaborate on XFN brand, marketing and content projects
- Continually assess the success of your content and adjust accordingly
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in journalism(a must)
- A portfolio of written and produced work that is“must-read”
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Intellectual curiosity and optimistic creativity
- Facility with analytics
- A love for getting your hands dirty
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.