- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Localization Program Manager will play a key role in supporting Figma’s mission to help make design accessible to all. You will be at the forefront of defining and building out our localization function. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, working across GTM, Product, Design, Engineering, and with multiple outside vendors to develop, optimize, and implement processes that scale. You will also be a key contributor in defining our localization strategy as we grow.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple products and diverse content types
- Project manage end-to-end localization/transcreation project(s), ensuring smooth and scalable work across internal and external teams.
- Analyze current pain points in workflows and tools, provide recommendations, and implement scalable solutions
- Advocate for localization best-practices across the organization
- Develop strong partnerships with our localization vendors
- Research and make recommendations for areas of expansion
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years work experience as a localization manager or program manager
- A strong understanding of localization methodologies TMS technologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to build strong relationships across cultural and geographic lines.
- Record of leading project management efforts for customer-facing content for marketing, customer support, and/or digital products
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards
- Experience working with a CMS a plus
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- How Figma Became Design’s Hottest Startup, Valued At $10 Billion
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.