- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking to add our first Developer Advocate to our growing advocacy team. This role will be at the core of our community of developers who are building on Figma’s platform. Through our Account Management team you will work closely with developers at high value customers who are building internal tools to accelerate their internal design and development workflows. You will also partner with our business development team to enable 3rd party developers and ensure they are equipped to adopt our APIs and successfully build on Figma’s platform. Throughout these engagements, you’ll establish long-standing relationships that can help us scale our efforts in the community, and collect ongoing feedback for the product team that can help improve our APIs.
If you have domain expertise using Figma’s APIs to build plugins or integrations, and already find yourself evangelizing Figma, we would love to hear from you!
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Enable Figma developers at scale: Write best practice guides, create and share example code and developer resources, contribute to improving API documentation, and help answer technical API questions from the community.
- Motivate and empower evangelists: Maintain relationships with users in the community. Manage networks of evangelists who participate in beta programs, contribute content and help run local communities like our Friends of Figma Plugins interest group.
- Support our sales and business development initiatives: Partner with developers who are building on Figma platform to help educate and unblock them—this could be partners building integrations with Figma as well as high value customers building internal tools to accelerate their design and development process
- Events: Speak regularly at community meet ups, conferences and livestreams; host developer focused sessions as part of betas and platform launches.
- Be a bridge between community and product. Keep a pulse on community needs, share feedback and work with product to shape the roadmap of our APIs. Test new features and provide direct feedback.
Some projects you could work on:
- Develop example plugins to demonstrate Figma and FigJam API capabilities
- Host a developer enablement livestream to introduce beta participants to brand new APIs and help seed ideas to encourage participation
- Build out a repeatable developer Figma API focused workshop to get new developers up to speed with everything they need to get started
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience building with Figma’s APIs (Plugin or REST)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Comfort presenting to large groups of developers and stakeholders
- An understanding of designer workflows and the types of tools useful in bridging the gap between designers and developers
- A real entrepreneurial mindset and who enjoys iterating on projects from early experimental ideas through to completion
- A comfort-level with up to 25% of travel (post-COVID)
- Past experience building developer focused communities would be a plus for this role
- At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Read more about our team
- Bringing the power of our open platform to FigJam
- How to build a plugin system on the web and also sleep well at night
- Automate work. Bring in real data. Extend what’s possible with Figma Plugins
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.