- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma’s platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
Figma’s mission is to make design accessible to everyone. By being browser-based, Figma has removed the barrier that exisited between designers and their collaborators.
Our users are not just designers, but also the entire team(especially developers!) who work together to create the best possible product. Teams are always one URL click away from real time brainstorming and iteration. Figma’s collaborative workflows also include version control tooling for large design files and rich developer hand-off.
Most of Figma’s collaborative surfaces are built on Typescript and React/Redux. This allows us to develop rapidly while maintaining type safety guardrails. Our backend APIs are written in Ruby/Sinatra primarily and most data is stored in a relational database or file storage.
We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Tackle complex technical problems like optimizing react rendering to 60 fps or finding the fastest way to diff two large tree data structures.
- Wear your product hat to help the team build innovative products that bring delight to our users.
- Build a high quality product consistent with the Figma product and its brand.
- Build strong personal connections with your teammates and help shape Figma’s culture.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Proactive communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- An interest in learning from others and digging into new challenges.
- An inclusive and collaborative attitude towards building features, solving problems, and growing teams.
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Github for design files with full support for branching, conflict resolution, and comments
- Support Open Design and enable community generated content inside of the Figma editor
- Synchronous collaboration suite: audio, multiplayer cursor, follows, and live reactions
Read more about our team
- Explore the Figma Community
- Behind the feature: comments, contextually
- React at 60fps: improving scrolling comments in Figma
- Reflections on Config, our first user conference
- The making of Maker Week
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.