- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma’s platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
At Figma, we tackle a wide range of technical challenges: from designing powerful but accessible features in a complex stateful application, to scaling a realtime web service to hundreds of thousands of users. We work across many stacks and technologies, but we don’t expect anyone to know them all! Most of our engineers specialize in one area of our stack, while still being flexible enough to pick up new languages and make changes across systems when needed. As a member of our team, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills.
More than anything, we seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals and a track record of high quality engineering. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with designers, PMs, and other engineers to design features and break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
- Build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Working proficiency and interpersonal skills in verbal and written English
- Experience in at least one of our areas of focus:
Areas of Focus:
- Web application development
- C++ application development
- Large software systems development
- Mobile application development (iOS or Android)
- Graphics (2D or 3D)Design (either visual design or UX design)
- Building professional design tools
Read more about our team:
- Figma's engineering values
- How Figma's multiplayer technology works
- How work is changing at Figma
- Meet us in the browser
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.