- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma’s platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Server Platform team is responsible for making it easy for Figma’s engineering teams to build infrastructure services that are scalable, performant and observable by default. We work closely with our engineering team to help design, build and run scalable infrastructure systems and services that power Figma’s design and collaboration tool. We bring experience and industry best-practices in designing services that are not only scalable and performant but also observable and reliable. We also add tools, services and monitoring to improve the operational maturity of Figma’s infrastructure.
We’re looking for a generalist with a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals. The ideal candidate will have experience building and running complex large scale services. Additionally, they will have a passion for building tools that simplify operating large-scale infrastructure and for improving the operational maturity of Figma’s infrastructure.
- This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the engineering team to define best practices and goals around availability
- Address common operational challenges through better telemetry and by building tools / services
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in design reviews and production reviews for new features, products or infrastructure components
- Plan for the growth of Figma’s infrastructure
- Operate and maintain AWS Infrastructure
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience operating infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems
- You have experience managing infrastructure services in AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- You demonstrate unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
- You are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure
- A track record for being able to diagnose problems within complex systems
- You care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan mindset and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism
- You have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action
- You have excellent technical communication skills
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it
Read more about our team:
- Under to hood of Figma's infrastructure challenges
- Figma's engineering values
- Meet us in the browser
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.