- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
For a long time, deposits were the only type of rental security that could be trusted. But with over £5.2 billion locked up in deposit schemes and with it taking months to access them when needed, it’s safe to say deposits are slow and outdated.
Flatfair’s innovative rental solutions means that tenants secure a new home with a small check-in fee instead of paying for a costly deposit, whilst giving landlords up to double the protection of traditional deposits.
We’re backed by Index Ventures, investors in Facebook, Deliveroo and Slack, and one of the largest venture capital firms in the world. Now we’re looking to grow our team as we expand our business into new markets, as well as continuing to innovate our product.
About the role
As Collections Manager, you’ll be responsible for the collection and recovery of outstanding consumer debt as a result of unpaid tenancy charges. As well as managing an active caseload, you’ll work with the Head of Operations to identify and implement improvements to our processes to, increase efficiencies and provide a better service to our customers and clients.
- How we’ll measure success in the role
- Build relationships with customers, clients and relevant business partners to achieve positive results collecting against outstanding debt
- Provide non-paying customers with excellent customer service over the phone and via email so they understand our processes and the options available to resolve any outstanding charges
- Enrol customers interested in payment programs, negotiating the details of the plan and ensure ongoing compliance with the payment terms
- Maintain accurate data and reporting and use this to identify risk areas and propose actions to address any problems identified
- Identify improvements that allow us to work more effectively and provide a better value service to the wider business
- This is a fully remote role to be based from home.
You are likely a senior collections agent who is looking to take that next step and wants to own more of the end to end process or you are already a manager who is looking for that next challenge, in a rapidly growing company with the potential to make a real impact.
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Strong collections background, able to display a track record of success in this area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including active listening, negotiation skills and conflict resolution
- Diplomacy for discussing sensitive matters tactfully
- Bookkeeping and numeracy for determining outstanding payments and appropriate payment instalments
- Understanding of financial terms, credit services, debt recovery procedures, data protection and the Financial Conduct Authority’s principles of treating customers fairly
- Highly organised, able to follow processes and accurately record information to allow for high-quality reporting
- Prior risk advisory, legal, insurance or claims is an advantage for the role. Experience within residential lettings is desired but not essential
Working for flatfair
We trust you to know what’s needed to get the job done so we’ll work with you to make sure you have the right kit and the right environment for you to succeed. Plus we know it’s not all about work! That’s why we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days holiday a year (plus UK public holidays)
- Generous stock options that give you a share of the business we’re building together
- Dedicated monthly wellness budget to spend on what matters most to you
- £1,500 annual training budget to focus on your personal and professional development
- Our employee reward tool, karma, allows you to swap points for a trip to the cinema, charity donation, Amazon vouchers and more
- We are committed to getting our team back together for exciting and quirky events on a regular basis! We split out budget across regular remote events as well as bringing the whole team together on a regular basis