- Date Posted
- Nov. 8, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
For a long time, deposits were the only type of rental security that could be trusted. But with over £5.2 billion locked up in deposit schemes and with it taking months to access them when needed, it’s safe to say deposits are slow and outdated.
Flatfair’s innovative rental solutions means that tenants secure a new home with a small check-in fee instead of paying for a costly deposit, whilst giving landlords up to double the protection of traditional deposits.
We’re backed by Index Ventures, investors in Facebook, Deliveroo and Slack, and one of the largest venture capital firms in the world. Now we’re looking to grow our team as we expand our business into new markets, as well as continuing to innovate our product.
About the role
Our End of Tenancy team is an integral part of our customer journey - it’s the bridge between our landlords, agents and tenants and our product can’t thrive without it. You’ll manage end of tenancy cases where charges are being made by the landlord against the tenant. You will work closely with all parties to facilitate a speedy resolution to ensure, including where necessary recovering the agreed charges.
- How we’ll measure success in the role
- Work as part of a top-performing EOT team to ensure that all end of tenancy charges are managed in line with SLAs and KPIs
- Help tenants, agents and landlords use our platform to manage any charges at the end of a tenancy, including explaining the sometimes complex world of property rules, regulations and law
- Aim to close every case with successful payment of charges by the tenant
- Where charges are disputed, undertake charge reviews to help facilitate a fair, and reasonable conclusion with all parties. Where necessary, utilise independent adjudication to help establish fair charge awards.
- Support the Customer Success team by providing support and cover with phone, email and live chat enquiries when necessary
- This is a fully remote role to be based from home.
This role would suit someone currently working in letting management or a strong insurance claims handler as the role has lots of transferrable skills.
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the property industry and the management of residential tenancies is an advantage but not essential
- Comfortable managing multiple cases at once, maintaining an excellent standard of service and ensuring compliance with our processes
- An expert troubleshooter, able to ask the right questions and source the right information to find the root cause of issues.
- Able to build rapport quickly with a drive to provide excellent customer service at every interaction and touchpoint
- Able to facilitate negotiations to make them as frictionless, fair and transparent as possible
- Ability to speak and write in English idiomatically and in a way that clearly expresses meaning to your audience
Working for flatfair
We trust you to know what’s needed to get the job done so we’ll work with you to make sure you have the right kit and the right environment for you to succeed. Plus we know it’s not all about work! That’s why we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days holiday a year (plus UK public holidays)
- Generous stock options that give you a share of the business we’re building together
- Dedicated monthly wellness budget to spend on what matters most to you
- £1,500 annual training budget to focus on your personal and professional development
- Our employee reward tool, karma, allows you to swap points for a trip to the cinema, charity donation, Amazon vouchers and more
- We are committed to getting our team back together for exciting and quirky events on a regular basis! We split out budget across regular remote events as well as bringing the whole team together on a regular basis