- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 20, 2021
- Business Development
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
Flipboard is looking for a Programmatic Advertising Lead with previous client-facing experience to grow revenue. You will support our existing sales force by joining their meetings/calls with direct advertisers and media agencies (acting as programmatic subject-matter expert), and directly own business relationships with agency trading desks & demand side platforms.
The Programmatic Team is based in New York City. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is working 100% remotely. We are open to this position being 100% remote during and post-pandemic however prefer NYC based when we return to offices.
Key Day-to-Day Responsibilities (Sales)
- Create, maintain & grow relationships with DSP (demand-side platform), ATD (agency trading desk), and “Big Six” programmatic entities by highlighting the strength of Flipboard’s product and audience
- Drive Programmatic revenue goals against these relationships, in partnership with the Sales team
- Communicate creative/format requirements & programmatic checklist (best practices in programmatic mobile app buying) to external buyers and internal sellers ensuring successful launches
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients (sales) and external clients
Secondary Day-to-Day Responsibilities (Educational & Technical)
- Meet regularly with cross-functional internal teams to showcase results and progress
- Analyze live campaign/deal set up and offer optimization suggestions if a deal is not scaling or performing (work w/ programmatic operations coordinator to resolve)
- Occasionally liaise with ops, product & engineering on stack optimizations, audience/identity solutions
- Join Head of Programmatic & Programmatic Ops Coordinator on partnership pitches, training, status meetings & QBRs
- Assist in regular internal trainings including new ad features, vendor partners, and programmatic best practices
- 3-6 years experience in an ad tech/programmatic sales or account management roles
- Intimate knowledge of MS Office, Google docs/sheets/etc
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many teams (sales, account mgmt, operations)
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills for handling multiple projects and activities
- Basic knowledge of ad formats including VAST, VPAID, MRAID
- Understanding of the adtech / programmatic landscapes (ex: “lumascapes”)
- Expertise in working with DSPs, ad exchanges plus pre-existing DSP & ATD relationships
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.