- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Design & UI
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are looking for a skilled and flexible Communications Designer (Contractor) to help play a key role in working with our Flipboard brand as it relates to Marketing, Sales, and other stakeholders across all our channels.
This position is approved for a 20-30 hours per week, 6 month contract with the potential to extend.
- Responsible for designing branded consumer communications for marketing, sales and partner programs
- Help build digital collateral in partnership with the Curator team to educate users and partners on best practices, new products and case studies
- Create product marketing assets such as regular blog images, product visuals and GIFs for user education, partnership on social campaigns and App Store updates
- Design brand campaign assets for company promotion programs and events including campaign design and brand expression in that design
- Develop video assets (like company video content, tutorials, how-to gifs, video bumpers, etc.)
- Help redesign the Wordpress corporate company website and Flipboard for Brands website
- Keep project timelines on track and and provide stakeholders with updates
- Support Sales Team with the creation of InDesign Spec Sheets, Keynote Ad Product Mock Builders, YouTube Product Demos and ensure design consistency within our external material toolkit
- Be one of the key keepers of the Flipboard Brand, knowing when to obey the guidelines and when to extend them
- 5+ years of professional experience with communication, marketing or brand design
- Proficiency with design tools including Figma, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Strong portfolio of design work demonstrating deep experience in branding, marketing, newsletter design
- Excellent and proactive communication skills with various stakeholders
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize in a scrappy environment
- Iconography experience a plus
- Newsletter experience preferred
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.